Terms & Conditions
In these conditions “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Direct Power Tools the Internet division of Gibb & Beveridge – Engineering Agencies Ltd (Company No SCO 32940).
You can write to us at 78 Halbeath Road, Dunfermline, Fife, KY12 7RS or send an email to email@example.com These are also the addresses to write to if you have any complaints. “You” and “your” refer to the customer who places an order with us
1. We reserve the right not to accept any order. Once your order is accepted by us, a contract will come into force, on the terms and conditions set out here.
2. We will try to deliver your goods as soon as practicable. You should tell us as soon as possible if you do not receive your goods within one week of placing your order or within one week of any estimated delivery date that we give you. Please note that any dates quoted by us for delivery are estimated only. If we are unable to deliver your goods within 30 days of your order, you may cancel your order.
3. When you receive the goods, you should check them as soon as possible, and let us know within 7 working days of receipt if there are any problems. If possible, please retain all packaging until you are satisfied with the goods. You will be responsible for any loss or damage to the goods which occurs after they have been delivered to you.
4. We will require payment of the price for the goods in full before we despatch them unless we agree otherwise in writing with you. However, if you have an account with us, we may, at our discretion, allow you to make payment in full within 30 days of our invoice.
5. Details of our delivery charges and methods of payment for the goods are shown in the relevant section of our Web Site.
6. All the goods that we supply will remain our property until you have paid for them in full, including all delivery charges. If you sell the goods you agree to hold the sale proceeds upon trust for us until you have paid us for them in full.
7. Every effort is made to ensure that our prices and descriptions are accurate at the time of going to press. If an error is found or if manufacturer's prices or products change, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of cancelling your order or reconfirming your order with the revised price or product.
8. The information and advice contained in our sales documentation is for general guidance purposes only. You are responsible for determining whether it applies to your particular situation. In particular, please read all manuals and safety instructions provided with our goods, and follow them carefully at all times.
9.You can cancel your order for any reason and get a full refund at any time before you receive the goods, or up to the end of 7 working days after the day you receive the goods. A working day is any day other than weekend days and public holidays. To cancel your order you should email us within that time scale to:-
If you have already received the goods:-
- You can only exercise this right to cancel your order if the goods are still in a re-saleable condition and you have retained the packaging.
- You must return the goods to us at your own cost to the above address (unless we are at fault, in which case we will arrange collection).
- You must take care to ensure the goods are not damaged in the meantime.
For more information on Exchange & Returns please click the link.
10. We will not be liable for any delay in delivering the goods which is due to events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control or for any business losses.
11. We are constantly updating our products, prices and offers. We are confident of our technology and staff but acknowledge that human error is always possible. If goods are offered for sale incorrectly we will always try to honour our offer. There may be rare circumstances where it is not possible for us to do so. In such cases we will contact you and explain the situation, if we are unable to resolve the matter fairly with you we reserve the right to refuse your order and refund any payment you may have made.
12. Where things like strikes, wars, acts of terrorism or even small things like power cuts interfere in our business with you, we will do our best to keep things going. We shall have no liability to you for any failure which is due to such unforeseen circumstances or any other situation outside our control.
13. If we fail to enforce any of these conditions, that does not mean that we have waived any of our rights and we retain the right to enforce any of these conditions at any time.
14. Nothing in these conditions affects your statutory rights as a consumers. You may obtain information about your statutory rights from your local Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
15. Free UK Mainland Shipping on Orders over £100 inc VAT
- This offer entitles UK Mainland customers only to free shipping on all orders over the value of £100 including VAT.
- UK Mainland customers must select the 'Complimentary Carrier Shipping for purchases over £100' delivery method at the checkout in order to redeem the Free Shipping offer & have entered in a valid UK Mainland delivery address.
- Orders which are shipped outside of the UK Mainland are all subject to delivery charges - these charges can be seen in detail on the Delivery Options page.
- This offer will not affect the delivery time scale of the order.
- Engineering Agencies' normal refund and returns policy applies.